As OmStays believes in a global community connected through yogic principles of non-harming, truthfulness, compassion and kindness, we ask that our members act in accordance.
What are general guidelines as Guest and Host?
- As a guest, you should confirm your arrival time 24 hours before you arrive.
- Length of Stay: 3-5 days suggested. OmStays is not meant for extended stays. However, this is up to each Host—ask if you want to stay longer.
- No alcoholic beverages should be brought into Host’s home without permission, and the Host’s smoking policy must be strictly observed.
- Be mindful of time spent and intrusiveness of any cell phone use.
- Respect the Host's home as a yoga student respects a studio and the practice of yogic principles.
- Guest should have planned activities away from the home during the day.
- Guests are expected to be self-sufficient and considerate.
- In order to provide the best OmStays experience for Guest and Host, please provide a sheet of helpful information pertaining to your home, animals, area, etc.
- Provide a clean, comfortable place for your guest to stay, along with a light breakfast.
- Offer your guests a local’s introduction to your area.
If two “negative” feedback reports on a member are submitted to OmStays, that member will be notified (keeping the source of complaint confidential) and on the third complaint his/her membership will be reviewed.
Misuse of OmStays will result in an immediate suspension of membership. Examples of misuse include:
- Sharing the confidential OmStays Directory listings confidential with any person who is not a member.
- Using the Directory for any purpose other than making arrangements for OmStays (i.e. email “spamming”, attempting to use the Directory as a dating service, etc.).